B. A. A. TRACK MEET TONIGHT

THREE RELAY TEAMS FROM UNIVERSITY IN GAMES AT MECHANICS HALL.

The Boston Athletic Association will hold its twenty-third annual indoor handicap games in Mechanics Hall, Boston, this evening at 7.15 o'clock. The entries number 463, of which 49 are from the University and Freshman track squads. Of this latter number 34 will compete in the six handicap events and in two of the three special scratch events, and 15 are entered in the relay races.

The Relay Races.

Teams from the University will take part in three of the 17 team races which have been arranged. The final event of the evening will be the annual race between Harvard and Yale. The distance will be a little short of two miles, each man running six laps, or 780 yards. The University 390-yard team will race Princeton, following the precedent of last year. As in former years the Freshman 390-yard relay team will run against the Yale freshmen. The indications in all three of these races are that the competing teams will be evenly matched, but the odds seem slightly in Harvard's favor in both of the races with Yale.

The number of entries in the meeting this year is smaller than usual because restrictions have been made so that the competitors will only consist of the best of Eastern athletes, and so that the scratch men will have an even chance in the handicap events. Among the features will be the "Hunter mile", in which are entered Kiviat of the Irish-American Athletic Club, the present holder of the trophy for that event, Hedlund and Kimball of the Boston Athletic Association, the latter being the national amateur junior champion miler, and Berna of Cornell. Jones of Cornell, the intercollegiate champion miler and half-miler will compete in the 600 and 1000-yard runs. Yale, Cornell, Dartmouth, Princeton, the University of Pennsylvania, and Brown will be among the colleges represented.

Prizes will be given to the winners of first, second, and third places in each event, and in the relay races, each member of the winning team will receive a prize.

Entries From the University.

The University teams and their opponents:

University 780-yard team, four to run.--W. H. Fernald '12. T. W. Koch '14, B. M. Preble '12, H. M. Warren '13, P. R. Withington '12.

Yale university team.--R. Bellows '13S., L. B. Platt '13S., R. M. Scotten '14, D. L. Seymour '12S. (captain).

University 390-yard team, four to run.--W. B. Adams '13, W. A. Barron, Jr., '14 (captain), R. G. Huling '13, F. J. O'Brien '14, K. Reynolds '14.

Princeton university team.--F. D. Close '13, M. J. Hayes '14, W. W. Niseley '14, H. M. Sawyer '12 (captain).

Freshman 390-yard team, four to run.--F. W. Capper, H. G. MacLure, J. P. Spang, Jr., E. P. Stone, R. Tower (captain).

Yale freshman team.--L. Carter, J. J. Gallagher '14S. (captain), W. F. Potter '14S., W. M. Shedden.

The other entries from the University are:

40-yards dash, scratch.--K. S. Billings '12, P. B. Halstead '13, G. N. Hurd '13.

45-yard high hurdles, three flights, scratch.--W. G. Brackett '14, F. Brooks '15, P. M. Rice '15, H. St. J. Smith '15.

600-yard dash, handicap, 30 yards limit.--J. R. Abbot '14, 11 yds.; H. G. MacLure '15, 11 yds.; W. P. Mandell '15, 18 yds.; M. P. Robinson '15, 20 yds.; F. H. Storms '14, '12 yds.; G. H. Whitney '15, 9 yds.

1000-yard run, handicap, 50 yards limit.--F. H. Blackman '14, 30 yds.; W. M. Danner, Jr., '13, 45 yds.; W. H. Lacey '12, 35 yds.; S. Nichols '13, 25 yds.; H. M. Warren '13, 14 yds.; P. R. Withington '12, 18 yds.

One-mile run, handicap, 75 yards limit.--C. W. Burrage '13, 55 yds.; B. S. Carter '15, 65 yds.; H. L. Groves '12, 55 yds.; T. W. Koch '14, 30 yds.

Putting 16-pound shot, handicap, 4-foot limit.--R. B. Batchelder '13, 2 ft., 8 in.; C. E. Brickley '15, 4 ft.; H. R. Hardwick '15, 4 ft.; P. H. Keays '13, 2 ft., 9 in.; F. H. Leslie '12, 3 ft., 3 in.

Running high jump, handicap, 3-inch limit.--H. B. Beebe '14, 3 in.; A. D. Chandler, Jr., '14, 3 in.; A. W. Moffat '13, 2 in.; F. B. Waller '13, 3 in.

Three standing broad jumps, handicap, 18-inch limit.--H. B. Beebe '14, 18 in.; B. D. McLean '15, 18 in.