TWO COMPETITIONS START

News and Editorial Candidates Should Report in Office Wednesday Evening at 7 o'clock.

Members of the classes of 1914 and 1915 wishing to try for positions as news editors of the CRIMSON are requested to meet in the CRIMSON Office in the basement of the Union next Wednesday evening at 7 o'clock. At the same time members of the classes of 1913 and 1914 who wish to enter the editorial writing competition will also report, there being one such position open to the class of 1913 and two open to 1914. At this meeting an outline of the work which will be expected and of the system employed in the competitions will be presented. Men well informed in any branch of University activity and men of journalistic or literary ability are particularly urged to come out.

This will be the last competition in which members of the class of 1913 may try for editorial positions and in which members of the class of 1914 may try for positions as news editors. It is the first competition open to members of the class of 1915 for positions as editorial writers. The work will begin immediately after the meeting and will last until about May 20, with an intermission during the spring recess period.