HOLWORTHY HALL CELEBRATION.

That the present year marks the one hundredth anniversary of the building of Holworthy Hall is perhaps not so well known as it should be by the men who daily pass the tablet which relates the story of its founding. Professor Palmer has often spoken of the absurdity, according to present-day standards, of the University's raising money to build a dormitory by investing in a state lottery. Times change; but we are glad at any rate to have Holworthy Hall and proud to know that she has now served Harvard well for a century.

In a letter to the Bulletin Mr. Robert Withington '06 suggests that such an important centenary should not pass unnoticed and that there should be a more memorable, but hardly more dignified, celebration of the event than when Stoughton passed her hundredth birthday in 1905.

The suggestion that there should be a large commemorative dinner at Commencement time to which all the men who have ever lived in Holworthy should be invited, we consider an excellent one. Each man at the banquet could wear a button giving his room number, or it could be arranged for inhabitants of the same room to sit together. Prominent graduates who lived in Holworthy would undoubtedly be more than willing to speak on such an occasion. A banquet of this kind would be a true festival rite and productive of the spirit which binds all Harvard men together.

It is most fitting that such a celebration should be arranged by the Memorial Society, which has already done so much to foster the spirit of tradition by having the names of the occupants of the rooms posted in the oldest Senior dormitories. We sincerely hope that the plan for the commemorative dinner suggested by Mr. Withington may be realized during the coming Commencement time.