ANDOVER DEFEATED BY 1915

IN LOOSELY PLAYED GAME ACADEMY LOST YESTERDAY BY SCORE OR 6 TO 0.

The Freshman hockey team had little trouble in winning the sixth game of its schedule from Andover in the Stadium yesterday afternoon. The playing of both teams was slow, except for the individual work of Claflin and dwWindt for the Freshmen, and of Donner and Murchie for Andover; and there were few evidences of any team-work. At the start of play the Freshmen forced the puck down toward the Andover goal, and there it remained during a large part of the game, the Andover men being very weak in carrying it out from the corners. The Freshmen, however, owing to disorganized play, did not have many chances to shoot. Three of their goals were scored through deWindt's excellent individual work, and two by Claflin on long shots from the middle of the rink. The sixth goal was made by Williams on a shot from scrimmage.

Andover's attack, which did so well against the Yale freshmen, did not materialize yesterday afternoon. Only three times did the schoolboys have really good chances to score, and two of these were spoiled by Wigglesworth's work in goal. On the other one the puck was pushed by him into the cage, but did not count owing to a forward pass. The Freshman attack was also weak, there being little or no effective passing, and little jump or speed in the men. Two of deWindt's goals were scored entirely through his own efforts on long dashes down the rink, and all the other goals were made through individual quickness or ability. The defence was on the whole effective, Claflin doing especially well. For Andover, Murchie's and Donner's individual offensive work was the feature, but neither of them could pass the Freshman defence. Captain Phillips, unfortunately, is not yet back in the game. The summary: HARVARD 1915.  ANDOVER. Tapping, Taylor, l.e.  r.e., Occumpaugh Trainer, Baker, l.c.  r.c, Middlebrook deWindt, Greeley, r.c.  l.c., Blum Winsor, Brown, r.e.  l.e., Donner, Burnham Claflin, Williams, c.p.  c.p., Murchie, Smith Handy, Burns, p.  p., Smith, Murchie, Cook Wigglesworth; Washburn, g.  g., Gould

Score--Harvard 1915, 6; Andover, 0. Goals--deWindt 3, Claflin 2, Williams. Referee--R. St. B. Boyd '14. Assistant referee--S. Adams '14. Goal umpires--J. C. Talbot '15, W. Wright '15, Cook, Andover. Timekeeper--D. C. Josephs '15. Time--20-and 15 minute halves.