"RALPH ROISTER DOISTER"

FIRST PUBLIC PERFORMANCE TO BE GIVEN IN BRATTLE HALL AT 8 O'CLOCK.

The first public performance of "Ralph Roister Doister," the fourteenth annual revival of the Harvard chapter of the Delta Upsilon Fraternity, will be given in Brattle Hall, this evening, at 8 o'clock. The remaining public performances are as follows: Tuesday evening in Brattle Hall; Thursday evening in Jordan Hall, Boston; Friday evening in the Opera House, Exeter; and Saturday evening in "The Barn", Wellesley. Tickets for these performances may be obtained at Herrick's, the Co-oprative Branch, Batchelder's Book Store, Exeter, and of C. B. Randall '12, 11 Sacramento street.

"Ralph Roister Doister" was written over three hundred and fifty years ago by Nicholas Udall, and Eton schoolmaster, as a farce comedy for his publis to act. The play was an instantaneous success.

The cast is as follows:

Servants and Musicians to Roister Doister.--I. Poole '12, J. R. Desha '12, D. Ralph Roister Doister,  R. C. Benchley '12 Mathew Merygreeke,  R. F. Duncan '12 Gawyn Goodlucke,  H. W. Miller '12 Tristram Trusty,  P. J. Stearns '13 Dobinet Doughtie,  O. W. Haussermann '12 Tom Truepenie,  J. P. Gifford '14 Sym Suresby,  R. D. Whittemore '13 Scrivener,  F. C. Rogerson '13 Dame Christian Custance,  T. M. Spelman '13 Margerie Mumblecrust,  R. Murray '12 Tibet Talkapace,  W. F. Merrill uC. Annot Alyface,  C. M. Burr '14

J. P. Wingate '14, J. B. Munn '12, G. S. Deming 2G.S.

Prologue:

Scene: A street in London passing in front of the house of Mistress Custance.

The Piot.

The story of the play deals with Roister Doister, a silly gallant, made to believe that he loves a young widow, Dame Custance, who is betrothed to a merchant named Goodlucke. Egged on by Merygreeke, a parasite, Roister Doister sends letters and tokens to his beloved who returns them and beats her servants for receiving them. On being openly scoffed at by the widow, Roister Doister determines to avenge himself by tearing down her house. In the meanwhile, Sym Suresby, Goodlucke's servant, hears of Roister Doister's wooing and warns his master of Custance's apparent infidelity. The widow summons a mutual friend, Tristram Trusty, and together with her maids gives Roister Doister a severe drubbing. Harmony is restored by Merygreeke and Trusty, and Goodlucke marries Custance. The moving spirit of the play is Merygreeke who puts everything in a wrong light to amuse himself and to increase Roister Doister's discomfort

Prologue:

The Piot.