FACTS ALTERED, BUT THE SAME SPIRIT.

Some time ago the CRIMSON published an editorial finding fault with the record shown in their studies by members of the Freshman football team. Since then certain objections have been made to this editorial on the ground that it put the Freshman class in a false light. Wishing to treat these men with all fairness, we shall make it plain how far we were wrong, and how far we were right.

Based on the statement of one who is in the closest touch with the football situation here. We announced that over one half of the team was on probation. This was, as we discovered afterwards, an exaggeration for only three out of the eleven were in this standing. At the same time although we are glad to see that we were wrong as to figures, we cannot retract our words of condemnation of those Freshmen who will be needed next fall. For instance three men escaped probation only by getting two C's apiece; among seven men we find only six straight C's. This deplorable condition, it seems to us, warrants all that we have said to the class of 1915.