Professor Palmer's Gift to Library

The collection of books relating to George Herbert presented by Professor George Herbert Palmer on his 70th birthday will be on exhibition in the Treasure Room of the College Library today from 10 A. M. to 5 P. M.

Besides a large number of books relating to the life and works of George Herbert, the collection contains copies of original manuscripts and a copy of almost every edition of George Herbert's poems.

Among these are a copy made from the Tanner Manuscript of the Bodleian Library, probably the one from which Ferrar printed the original text in 1633, a copy made from the one in Williams Library, Gordon Square, London, which probably dates back to 1629, a copy from the Rawlinson Manuscript of the Bodleian Library, dating 1714, a note-book used by Professor Palmer in the preparation of his own edition, and various London editions of George Herbert's poems dating 1799, 1806, 1835, 1836, 1846, 1853, 1854, 1859, 1863, 1869, 1876, 1883, 1885, 1899 and 1904, and American editions of 1834, 1854, 1899 and 1904.