SOCCER TEAM LOST TO YALE

IN ONE-SIDED GAME IN WHICH HARVARD SHOWED POOR TEAM WORK.

The University association football team lost to Yale Saturday afternoon on Soldiers Field by the close score of 1 to 0. The day was too windy for a good game, as the ball was out of play the greater part of the time.

Yale's single score was the result of a scrimmage in front of the goal, in which Jennings shot the ball through. In the second half the ball was kept well in Yale's territory but the University forwards were unable to score. For the University team Wendell and Munroe played a good defensive game, while Brooks was very fast and aggressive on the offence. Hart, Jennings and Wick were the most effective for Yale.

The summary: HARVARD.  YALE. Waters, g.  g., Barrows Wendell, l.f.b.  r.f.b., Mahlstedt Munroe, r.f.b.  l.f.b., Merritt Vogel, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Noyes Brooks, c.h.b.  c.h.b., Wick Grant, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Goddard Kennard, l.o.f.  r.o.f., O'Sullivan Suckley, l.i.f.  r.i.f., Congdon D. V. Leland, c.f.  c.f., Jennings Chadwick, r.i.f.  l.i.f., Hart Galatti, r.o.f.  l.o.f., McNulty

Referee--J. H. Fairfax-Lucy, Linesmen--M. L. Newhall '08 and M. R. Beerbaum, Yale. Time--40-minute halves.