THE SOCIAL SERVICE CONFERENCE.

During the past year approximately one-sixth of the undergraduates have taken part in some form of social service work. The conference at Brooks House this evening on this subject is a particularly important event in the year's program of social workers. The successes and failures will be discussed by the College men with a group of successful professional social workers. This discussion should lead to a better understanding on the part of our men of the essentials of effective betterment work, and on the part of the settlement workers to a closer personal relation with present and future undergraduate enthusiasts. By the criticism developed in the discussion it should be possible for next year's workers to advance very materially their efficiency. To men who have not already taken part in some work and who are interested in the practical outlook of social service, the conference should also offer an excellent opportunity for the comprehensive understanding of the field of social betterment efforts.