MEDICINE AS A PROFESSION

Dr. Cabot to Lecture in Union Tomorrow.--Prof. Rotch on Tuesday.

Dr. R. C. Cabot '89, of the Medical School, will deliver a lecture on "Medicine as a Profession," in the Trophy Room of the Union, tomorrow evening at 8.15 o'clock. This is the first of a series of informal lectures on the professions. Dr. Cabot has been an assistant professor in the Medical School since 1908; but he has not confined himself entirely to medicine, having spent a considerable part of his time in public speaking.

"The Route of the Air."

Professor A. Lawrence Rotch h.'91, will deliver an illustrated lecture on "The Route of the Air" in the Union next Tuesday evening.

After graduating from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1884, Professor Rotch established the Blue Hill Meteorological Observatory, of which he is now director, and gained great fame by being the first to obtain observations high above the Atlantic Ocean by means of kites, and later with registration balloons. He has taken part in several scientific expeditions, and, in 1905, collaborated, with Teisserenc de Bort in sending a steam yacht to explore the tropical atmosphere. While in Europe in 1889 Professor Rotch was made Chevalier of the Legion of Honor, and has since received many honors both here and abroad.