KINDERGARTEN AT MEMORIAL HALL.

We wonder whether the commons at any American college can provide the exhibitions of childishness which we have lately seen at Memorial Hall. The mere appearance in the gallery of a member of either sex is now the occasion for a concerted clinking of glasses combined sometimes with more or less effective expressions in the way of cheering. Lately these forms have united with the throwing of food. The CRIMSON heartily endorses the sentiments expressed in the communication printed on another page of this morning's issue in regard to the deplorable incident of Friday last.

We mention this unfortunate incident in connection with Memorial Hall not only to call attention to almost continual acts of childishness, but also to show how these acts may, and already have, become a source of great harm to the good name of Harvard College.

And this leads us to another matter. For the past few years the members of the Hall have considered the dinner hour on April Fool's Day as a perfectly legitimate time for the suspension of all sense of good breeding and conventional table-manners. We sincerely hope that this sort of "fun" will be omitted this evening. If an appeal to the members' sense of decency and regard for gentle-manly conduct (as opposed to the manners of a fourth rate boarding house) can have any effect, let us be free from a custom at once hopelessly childish and also capable of great evil to the College as a whole.