OUR TROPHIES.

Harvard has a large collection of athletic trophies, banners, baseballs, footballs and pictures of teams, which have been accumulated in our athletic history, and which as the years go by gather more and more interest. We say that Harvard has this collection, yet it requires much prying into out of the way corners to find it. Pictures of Mott-Haven teams, of ancient elevens, and prehistoric nines, together with well-earned footballs and baseballs, make the Trophy Room of the Union a place worth lingering in, but at second thought it is evident that this room does not give us all that is showed. The collection is poverty-stricken in comparison with the richness of the material which must have been accumulated somewhere in all these years.

We miss in this room pictures of our contemporary teams and the question occurs to us: Where are they? If the answer were fully given it would certainly be a long one. We find some pictures at "Rammy's," others at "John's," a few at the Weld boathouse, a few at the Newell, some more at the Locker Building, and others in the Gymnasium. It does not seem to us that the athletic part of the University is fairly represented in the Trophy Room, and it does not seem to us that these separate collections, however complete they may be as a whole, are effectively displayed at present. We will not, however, suggest any definite course. Undoubtedly the Athletic Association can handle the matter by themselves. We do, however, register a complaint that we have heard on many sides. We also insist that the Varsity Club as an exclusive organization should not be considered as the proper place to display our collection. Finally we end with a question: Why not use the Trophy Room?