LACROSSE WORK IN RECESS

One Game Won and Two Lost on Team's Southern Trip.

During the spring recess the University lacrosse squad made a southern trip and played three scheduled games before disbanding last Wednesday. The game with Johns Hopkins University, played in Baltimore, Md., on April 13, was lost to the home team, 5 to 4. The Maryland Agricultural College was defeated, 9 to 1, at College Park, Md., last Monday afternoon; and on Wednesday the University team lost to Mt. Washington at Mt. Washington, Md., in the third game of the trip. The score was 3 to 4.

The outcome of all the games was to some degree due to the poor condition of the grounds. The work of the team, however, was fair and scoring was made possible in each game by the strength of the attack. In the game with Johns Hopkins the players on neither team were able to do their best because the field was soggy from the rain, which stopped just as the game began. The defence of the Maryland Agricultural College was strong and at the end of the first half of Monday's game the score was 4 to 0 in favor of Harvard. The University offence strengthened considerably toward the end of the second half and the last score was made just before the whistle at the end of the game.

The game on Wednesday with Mt. Washington was marred by the muddy condition of the grounds. The University attack was fast although many plays were broken up when the players slipped. Mt. Washington excelled in defence. The first half ended 2 to 1 in favor of the University team, and after playing a tie game for the greater part of the second half the home team succeded in scoring, and afterwards remained on the defensive and kept the ball near the middle of the field.

The line-up of the team during the trip was as follows: Lincoln, g.; Simmons, p.; Hodgdon, c.p.; Hale, 1d.; Boyd, 2d.; White, 3d.; Foristall, c.; Gustafson, 3a.; Beatley, 2a.; Blackett, 1a.; Abbe, o.h.; Earle, i.h.