HOLWORTHY CENTENNIAL

Plans for Celebration on May 18 New Complete.--Over Thirteen Hundred Invitations.

The present occupants of Holworthy Hall and the undergraduate members of the Memorial Society will entertain the past occupants of Holworthy at a dinner in the Living Room of the Union at 7.30 o'clock on May 18. Over thirteen hundred invitations have been sent out to the graduates who formerly lived in Holworthy and invitations will shortly be sent to next year's occupants of the Hall. The dinner will be held in commemoration of the centennial anniversary of Holworthy's foundation.

Holworthy Hall will be decorated with flags and bunting on the day of the celebration. The guests will assemble in the hall between 6.30 and 7 o'clock, and each graduate will be received in his old room by the present occupant. A procession will be formed after the reception and will march to the Union for dinner. The guests will be grouped according to classes.

Speakers.

President Lowell '77, A. S. Pier '95, editor of the Youth's companion, and R. C. Benchley '12, will speak and J. S. Martin '05 of "Life," will read a poem. Professor G. L. Kittredge '82 will preside as toastmaster. A large Holworthy banner will hang in the Living Room of the Union and the Portrait of professor Sophocles will be hung in a place of honor.

Honor for Late Professor Sophocles.

Professor Sophocles was professor in Greek from 1860 until the time of his death in 1883. Professor G. H, Palmer '64 spoke of him at that time as the one man who had left a vivid personal impression upon the graduates. Even in later years, when a few special students enjoyed his teaching, every member of the College knew him well and often looked with wonder and curiosity as he walked to and from his room in the west entry of Holworthy.

The dinner is in charge of T. S. Ross '12, Holworthy 1, and any suggestions will be gladly received by him.