A PRINCETON BOAT ON THE CHARLES.

Not since 1874, when Harvard sent its crew to Saratoga Lake to enter the celebrated annual regatta there, has a University boat rowed against Princeton. In that race, which Columbia won, Harvard finished third, a good distance ahead of Princeton and Yale. In all, there were nine boats entered. Ten years later Princeton rowed its last race, until the construction of Carnegie Lake last year enabled Princeton to defeat Yale in a triangular race which Cornell won. This spring Harvard, Princeton, and Cornell will meet on the Charles.

The addition of Princeton to the Harvard crew schedule is a significant move on the part of the respective athletic associations. This year Harvard meets Princeton directly in three major sports: football, crew, and baseball; and indirectly, through the Intercollegiates, in track. The addition of Princeton last fall to the football, and now to the crew schedule means a more complete bond between two universities which should be on the closest possible terms. Although we do not look to see a Princeton game, meet, or race ever partake of the interest now attached to a Yale contest, we think that the best interests of intercollegiate sportsmanship are served when Harvard appears on the Princeton schedule. A dual meet in track alone remains to put the two universities on the same apparent relations as now exist between Harvard and Yale.