CORNELL LOST LACROSSE

University Won Championship of Northern Division of Intercollegiate League.

Harvard won the championship of the northern division of the Intercollegiate Lacrosse League by defeating Cornell in the Stadium last Saturday by the score of 13 to 0. As the University team has already defeated Hobart, the only other member of this division, Cornell and Hobart are now in second place. The deciding game for them will be played next Saturday.

Harvard Had Strong Attack.

The game Saturday was hard-fought throughout, and especially in the second half. The University attack was strong, as usual, and by good team-play, clever stick-work and brilliant individual playing, kept the ball in Cornell's territory most of the time. Cornell's attack, however, was unable to penetrate Harvard's stubborn defence consistently. The outer-defence, stronger than ever before this season, was so effective that Lincoln at goal had only two stops to make. All men on the University team played excellently, so that to mention one whose individual brilliancy was especially marked would be unfair to the others. For Cornell, Captain Bond, Kerr, and Dean played the best game.

Game With Swarthmore Proposed.

In order to decide the championship of the entire league, the University team will play, if possible, a game with Swarthmore, the champion of the southern division, on June 1. HARVARD.  CORNELL. Lincoln, g.  g., Hamilton Simmons, p.  i.h., Proctor Hodgdon, c.p.  o.h., Kerr Hale, 1d.  1a., Dean Boyd, MacKenzie, 2d.  2a., Herendeen Parker, White, 3d.  3a., Nickerson Foristall, c.  c., Gridley Gustafson, Abbe, 3a.  3d., Ashton White, Beatley, 2a.  2d., Mossman Blackett, 1a.  1d., Franklin Earle, Nichols, o.h.  c.p., Tilson Abbe, Gustafson, Roberts, i.h.,  p., Bond

Score-Harvard 13, Cornell 0. Goals-Abbe 4, Blackett 3, Gustafson 3, Foristall, Roberts, White. Referee-D. P. Penhallow '03. Umpires-W. W. Davies '13, Harvard, and Zang, Cornell. Time-two 35-minute halves.

Men Who Won Lacrosse Insignia.

The following men have been awarded their lacrosse insignia: F. E. Abbe '14, of Fall River; R. Beatley '13, of Roxbury; W. C. Blackett '13, of Somerville; W. P. Boyd '12, of Cambridge; C. C. Earle, Jr., '12, of Roxbury; J. F. Foristall '13, of East Boston; P. Gustafson '12, of Cambridge; G. R. Hale '12, of South Boston; F. W. Hodgdon '12, of Arlington; S. S. Kingman '12, of Newton Highlands; N. B. Lincoln '13, of Cambridge; W. J. MacKenzie '13, of Canton, O.; A. Nichols, 3d. '12, of Hathorne; C. S. Parker '12, of Woburn; B. E. Roberts '12, of Newton Centre; R. S. Simmons '13, of South Boston; J. W. White, of Roxbury.

Men Who Won Lacrosse Insignia.