Progress of Interclass Tennis

The Preliminary rounds of the interclass tennis tournament were played through on Friday and Saturday. Such an unusually large number of men in the Freshman class, who were to have played on Soldiers Field, defaulted by not reporting their scores at the CRIMSON Office that an opportunity will be given them to re-enter the tournament by giving a satisfactory explanation at the Athletic Office before 12 o'clock today. The matches to be played in the Freshman class this afternoon will be posted in the CRIMSON Office at 12.30 o'clock.

The winner of any match must hereafter enter his score on the card provided for the purpose at the CRIMSON Office before 6.30 o'clock on the day for which the match is scheduled, or both contestants will be considered out of the tournament.

Matches Today.

The following matches are to be played today:

1912.-Jarvis Field, before 2.30, A. M. Hyde vs. P. Gifford, winner to meet E. S. Lancaster at 2.30. Following also play at 2.30: T. T. McCabe vs. C. S. Cutting, L. I. Grinnell vs. W. S. Worcester, winners to play at 4; W. E. Shepherd, Jr., vs. C. P. Aiken, winner to play winner of Lancaster-Hyde or Lancaster-Gifford match at 4:

1913.-Jarvis Field at 2.30, H. G. Smith vs. J. A. Cook, W. B. Harris vs. G. Sturgis, winners to play at 4. J. M. Sands vs. A. J. Lowrey, N. E. Paine, Jr., vs. S. P. Speer, winners to play at 4.

1914.-Jarvis Field before 2.30, R. L. Whitman vs. C. J. North, winner to play W. G. Rice, Jr., at 2.30. Following also play at 2.30, G. K. Baker vs. E. H. Woods winner to play winner of Rice-Whitman or Rice-North match at 4: H. C. Place vs. H. A. Lawton, E. H. Whitney vs. J. C. Devereux, winners to play at 4.