CREW SQUADS ARRIVE TODAY

CORNELL AND PRINCETON OARSMEN WILL STAY AT HOTEL VICTORIA.

The Cornell and Princeton crew squads will arrive in Cambridge today to participate in Thursday's triangular race. Cornell's squad will reach the Huntington Avenue Station at 9.10 o'clock this morning; the Princeton squad will arrive at Back Bay Station this evening at 9.30 o'clock. Both crews will stay at the Hotel Victoria, and will row from the Weld boathouse, which has been set aside for their use. One of the University's steam launches has been placed at the disposal of each of the visiting crews.

University Crew Emerging from Slump.

With the race but three days away, the University crew is in a very critical stage of its development. It is now emerging from an extremely bad slump, in which, in spite of many and frequent changes, it seemed impossible to find exactly the right combination. Nearly two weeks ago Newton was put in at stroke, and improvement has been steady since then; nevertheless the eight is not yet entirely together, and the recovery is not smooth enough. The result is that the men are hurried at the catch and are unable to apply their power quickly and evenly. There is no doubt that the boat is travelling through the water much faster than it has in the few weeks previous and if the crew can get together and apply its power throughout a long stroke, there is a possibility that even in the short remaining time it may show marked improvement.