Notes of Interest to University

Paul Shorey '78, Ph.D., LL.D., professor of Greek at the University of Chicago, will deliver the second of a series of six lectures on "Life and Letters at Athens, from Pericles to Alexander" in Emerson D this evening at 8 o'clock. The subject of this lecture is "Aristophanes". It is open to the public.

Ninth Operatic Concert Tonight

The ninth in the series of historic operatic concerts under the auspices of the Boston Opera Company and the department of Music will be given in Sanders Theatre this evening at 8.15 o'clock.

Soccer with Fore River this Afternoon

The University soccer team will play the Fore River Ship Building company team on Soldiers Field today at 4 o'clock. This will be a good match to round the players into shape for the coming intercollegiate games.

Exhibition of Prof. Palmer's Gift

The collection of books relating to George Herbert, which have been presented to the College Library by Professor George Herbert Palmer '64, will be on exhibition in the Treasure Room of Gore Hall today and tomorrow from 10 A. M. to 5 P. M.

Prof. Paszkowski on German Press.

Professor Wilhelm Paszkowski, of the University of Berlin, will deliver a lecture in German on "The German Press" in Emerson J tomorrow evening at 8.15 o'clock. The lecture here will be open to the public.

Last Freshman Swimming Meet.

The Freshman swimming team will meet the Brookline High School swimming team at the Cambridge Y. M. C. A. tank this evening at 8 o'clock. This will be the last contest of the season for the 1915 team.

Outdoor Baseball Practice Begun

Both the University and Freshman baseball squads held practice on the Freshman diamond yesterday afternoon. The Yale team also started outdoor practice yesterday, but the field was too soft for infield work.