Phi Beta Kappa vs. Crimson

The most significant athletic symposium of modern times will be pulled off this afternoon on the Freshman diamond shortly after the sun strikes four o'clock. At precisely that moment the Arterial Pen Pushers will attempt to spatter CRIMSON ink over the much-heralded Phi Beta Kappa nine.

The captain of the latter aggregation, with the midnight oil oozing from his brow, and a worried look on his face because the boy's weren't working nice, had nothing to say yesterday afternoon. He did say that the CRIMSON representative might go on along and get out of his way because how could he hit grounders with the CRIMSON representative in front of home and give the fellers some practice and gosh knows they need it. It is rumored that Lowell, a dark horse, is a tower of strength on the mound, and has a grand cross-fire.

The captain of the CRIMSON eleven, (two substitutes are still clamoring for place), predicts an easy victory, provided Bennett does not finish his three-thirty in time to relieve Blackall in the box. He and his men were a picturesque sight yesterday afternoon taking their workout on Soldiers Field; they hope in case of victory today to slap their gloves in the faces of the Verein, the Cercle, and last, their old friend Lampy, himself his sweetest joke.