FIELD DAY IN STADIUM

Cambridge Schools Will Hold Exercises Demonstrating Their Gymnastics.

The Stadium will be given over to the use of the public schools of Cambridge this afternoon for their first annual field day. The events will begin at 2 o'clock and will be divided into three parts: competitive mass events for grammar school grades and high school girls; dual track meet between the Cambridge High and Latin Schools and the Rindge Technical School, and special events for boys who are members of the regular gymnasium classes of both high schools; and demonstrations of class room drills and folk dances by the grammar school grades and high school girls.

Grammar School Events.

In the events of the first group will be demonstrated the games which the children of the various grades of the grammar schools are being taught in the way of physical culture.

There will be races in throwing beanbags, races with flags, races with medicine balls, races to set up candle pins, combination running and tossing races, potato races, in fact, every sort of race that is common in the grammar schools. In addition the girls of the high schools will hold an interclass meet in which there will be similar races and exhibitions of folk dancing. The class winning this meet will receive medals.

Dual Athletic Meet.

The second part of the program will be taken up with a dual athletic meet between the Cambridge High and Latin Schools and the Rindge Technical School. The boys will be divided into two groups, those in the first group being over 5 feet, 5 inches tall, and those in the second being less than that in height and not over 16 years of age. Competition will be held in the runs up to the half-mile and in the broad jump, high jump, and 12-pound shot-put. There will also be special events for freshmen. The school winning the meet will be given a shield, and the individual point winners will be given prizes in first, second and third places.

Folk Dancing by High School Girls.

The rest of the day will be given up to demonstrations of class drills by the grammar school grades and by the girls in the high schools. The exercises will end with exhibitions of folk dancing by groups of ten from the various grades