WORK IN CITY PLANING

Landscape Architecture Department is Collecting Material on the Subject.

The Department of Landscape Architecture has collected material on the aspects of civic improvement relating especially to landscape architecture, --primarily for use in instruction, but of interest also more generally to city planners. The library of the department contains a working collection of books on city planning, especially reports on American cities. A card catalogue gives information as to further books on the subject in some other libraries. The department collection of plans and maps, including the drawings deposited by the American Society of Landscape Architects, has a considerable number of plans of civic developments of various sorts, and maps covering most of the larger American cities and some of the more important cities of Europe. There is also a collection of photographs illustrating particularly American parks and European cities and towns.

Assistance Desired.

The department is desirous of extending its collections and will be grateful for additional material on city planning, or information as to where such material not ordinarily accessible is to be found.

In co-operation with the Library of Congress, the department is preparing a bibliography of city planning, annotated and arranged according to a scheme of classification on which the department has been working. A check list, preliminary to the bibliography, has just been issued by the periodical "Special Libraries" and is obtainable from Mr. Guy E. Marion, 93 Broad street, Boston.