RAPID WORK ON LABORATORY

Wolcott Gibbs Memorial to be Completed September 30.

The work on the Wolcott Gibbs Memorial Laboratory, the first of the six proposed new chemical laboratories, is progressing rapidly. The superstructure is complete as far as the second story and the forms for the concrete floor are already in place. The white tilling in the corridor and laboratories of the first floor will be put in place this month. At the present rate of construction the building will be ready for occupancy on September 30.

Mr. C. C. Ewell, master-builder of the new laboratory, and former master-builder of the Agassix and Peabody Museums, Matthews Hall, Memorial Hall, and Robinson Hall, states that the new building will be the best constructed edifice belonging to the University. Special care must be taken in construction to have the building fully meet the requirements of a high grade chemical research laboratory. One of the features of the laboratory is the four concrete piers which are entirely apart from the foundations, so that no vibrations can disturb the delicate instruments used in research work.