SUMMER GOLF AND TENNIS

Princeton Won Tennis Cup.--Harvard Captain Won Golf Championship.

Princeton, by winning the championship in both the singles and doubles of the Intercollegiate Tennis Tournament held at the Merion Cricket Club, Haverford, Pa., September 4 to 9, inclusive, obtained permanent possession of the I. S. Clothier cup. E. H. Whitney '14, the 1911 champion, was defeated in the semi-final round by M. Church of Princeton, the winner of the tournament.

E. H. Whitney '14 and W. M. Washburn '15 reached the finals of the doubles, but were defeated there by M. Church and W. H. Mace of Princeton in an exciting four-set match by the score of 8-10, 10-8, 6-2, 6-2. The Harvard team was composed of the following men: E. H. Whitney '14, Q. A. S. McKean '13, J. C. Devereux '14, and W. M. Washburn '15.

Golf Review.

F. C. Davidson '12, captain of the Harvard golf team won the individual championship of the Intercollegiate Golf Association held at the Ekwanok Country Club, Manchester, Vt., by defeating J. N. Stearns, captain of the Princeton team in the finals.

The Harvard team, after getting the best of the foursomes in the morning, went down to defeat before Yale by losing five of the afternoon matches in the finals of the Intercollegiate Tournament. Following are the scores:

Foursomes.--F. C. Davidson '14 and W. V. Booth '13 defeated G. C. Stanley and C. A. Bowles of Yale, 5 up and 3 to play; B. W. Estabrook '14 and F. Sargent '14 defeated F. B. Jennings, Jr., and N. Wheeler of Yale, 1 up; H. B. Lee and W. P. Seeley of Yale defeated F. V. Burton '14 and J. G. McNell '13, 4 up and 2 to play.

Pairs,--G. C. Stanley of Yale defeated F. C. Davidson '12, 3 up and 2 to play; F. B. Jennings of Yale defeated B. W. Estabrook '14, 1 up; F. Sargent '14 defeated H. B. Lee of Yale, 2 up and 1 to play; N. Wheeler of Yale defeated W. V. Booth '13, 1 up (23 holes); C. A. Bowles of Yale defeated J. G. McNell '13, 1 up (19 holes); and W. P. Seeley of Yale defeated F. V. Burton '14, 5 up and 3 to play.