DISPOSITION OF LIBRARY

DURING CONSTRUCTION OF WIDENER MEMORIAL.--ARRANGEMENTS FOR PRESENT.

The erection of the Harry Elkins Widener Memorial Library has made it necessary to remove the College Library from Gore Hall as soon as possible, and already the work of transference to other buildings is well under way. The regular service of the Library will be continued with as little interruption as may be; but under the extreme difficulties of administration attending, some irregularity must be expected. Books are already in process of transfer to Massachusetts Hall, Emerson Hall, Robinson Hall, Fogg Art Museum, Divinity School Library, Peabody Museum, Museum of Comparative Zoology, Andover-Harvard Library, and Randall Hall. Eventually the greater part of the Library's collections will find a place in Randall Hall. For the present the arrangements will be as follows:

Gore Hall Reading Rooms.

The General Reading Room is transferred to Upper Massachusetts, where substantially the same reference books and reserved books will be found as have heretofore been shelved in the Reading Room in Gore Hall. In Lower Massachusetts will be found the reserved books in American History, heretofore in the smaller Gore Hall Reading Room, the whole collection of British Parliamentary documents, and the whole series of United States documents. These two rooms will be open every week-day during term-time, holidays included, except Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day, from 8.45 A. M. until 10 P. M.; on Sundays, from 1 P. M. to 10 P. M.

Reserved books may be taken out at 9 P. M., to be returned before 9 o'clock the next morning. On Saturdays reserved books not specially restricted may be taken out at 5 P. M., to be returned Monday morning before 9. Restricted books, those behind the attendant's desk, may be taken out at 9 P. M., to be returned before 2 o'clock on Sunday.

History and Economics Room.

The reading room for History and Economics in Harvard Hall will be open as usual on week-days (except holidays) from 8.30 A. M. to 5 P. M., but on Saturday the room closes at 1 o'clock. Books may be taken out for overnight use as usual.

Delivery Room and Service.

The Delivery Room and the Card Catalogue remain for the present in Gore Hall, but will later be removed to Randall Hall. Because of the scattering of the books, it will be impossible to serve borrowers as promptly as heretofore, but a regular automobile messenger service will be maintained, and books not at present shelved in Gore Hall, and later, books not shelved in Randall Hall will be sent for on application at the Delivery Desk. Such books asked for at the Delivery Desk before 11 o'clock can usually be delivered at 1.30; those asked for between 11 and 2.30, at 5 o'clock; those asked for after 2.30, at 10.30 the next day.