CHANGES IN FOGG MUSEUM

First Floor Will Be Improved This Year. Other Changes Later.

A series of extensive changes are contemplated for the improvement of the Fogg Art Museum. These alterations will be limited to the ground floor this year, but if sufficient money can be obtained, the second floor will be improved next year.

The work which is now being carried on is the sweeping away of some false architecture in the main hallway, which formerly prevented the use of a large amount of exhibition space. When the changes are completed there will be three rooms which will eventually serve to hold exhibits. Two of these, on the right hand side of the hall will be used temporarily to house the Fine Arts library, and the third room, on the left will serve as a small lecture room.

It was found that the acoustics of the large lecture room in the Fogg Museum were poor, and in order to remedy them a portion of the room will be separated by a wall. The area thus cut off from the lecture hall will form a semi-circular corridor, in which it is planned to hang the casts which are now in the main hall of the museum. By this means the original Grecian pieces, which are to remain where they are in the front hall, will be separated from the casts of the original statuary.