SOCCER PROSPECTS BRIGHT

Much Available Material From Last Year's Team.--Meeting in Union Tomorrow.

The fall season of association football will start next Monday with a light practice on Soldiers Field at 3 o'clock. The first week or two will be devoted to learning the elementary points of the game, and to getting into condition for the hard games to be played against the fast professional and club teams early in the season.

Although the regular intercollegiate season comes in the spring, the University team will be kept busy with a hard schedule of two games a week, in preparation for the game with Princeton, which will take place on the morning of the Harvard-Princeton football game, November 2.

The Freshman team will also play several games before the fall season closes, among them being one with Andover, which will probably be played on October 7. Charles Burgess, who has coached the University teams so successfully for the last two years, will be in charge again this year, and will be assisted by several graduates who will devote most of their time to the Freshmen.

Although this year's team will miss greatly the services of H. Byng, captain of last year's team, Q. S. Greene '13, M. L. Hallowell '12, and C. N. Browne '12, goal, there is much veteran material left, among the strongest players being D. Needham '13, M. Rushmore '13, F. Palmer '13, A. J. Lowrey '13, G. Francke '14, C. Weston '14, and C. Grant '14. There are several players from last year's Freshman team who promise to be very valuable material.

There will be a meeting in the Union tomorrow at 3.30 o'clock for all prospective candidates for the University and Freshman teams. An outline of the coming season will be given, and some of the elementary principles of the sport will be discussed.