Football at Other Colleges

The Yale University football team will meet Holy Cross at New Haven this afternoon in the second game of its season. A considerably easier contest is expected than the one against Wesleyan Wednesday, as Holy Cross is made up largely of green men and is unusually weak in the kicking department. The Yale men, however, will not roll up a large score if they fumble as they have during the past week. Fumbling has always been a fault of Yale teams in early season in the past, and still seems to be with them. As a whole the team is in a more or less chaotic state of development, relying on individual work to pull it through contests, both with outside teams and the second. The accession of Bomeisler at end and Camp, who has just reported for work, in the backfield, both experienced men, should be of great help in holding the men together.

Princeton Plays Stevens.

Princeton's game this afternoon against Stevens will be the first one of the year, and will probably furnish little line on the strength of the team. So far the coaches have devoted most of their time to developing as strong a defensive line as possible from the material at hand. At a number of practices the second team has kept the ball the entire time, battering away at the first's defence, and the results have been very satisfactory, as during the last week the line has been almost like a stone wall. The backfield, as may be remembered from last year, is exceptionally strong defensively. It looks now as though the Tigers were planning to follow their program of last fall, though perhaps not to such an extent, of developing a sure defence, and watching the other teams' mistakes for offence.