LIST OF UNION LECTURES

Many Prominent Men to Speak in the Near Future.--Four Readings by Prof. Copeland.

The Union lectures this year will not begin as early as usual, owing to the very great difficulty in obtaining men of prominence during the period of the presidential campaign. The series will open on Thursday evening, November 7, with Major-General Leonard Wood M.'84, U. S. A., as speaker.

Major-General Wood commanded the "Rough Riders" in Cuba and was raised to his present rank for his services at San Juan Hill. He was military governor of Cuba, and was later transferred to the Philippines, where he became commander of the Department of the East. In 1909, he was appointed by President Taft to the office of chief of staff of the United States Army, and still holds this position.

On November 12, Major J. P. Finley will speak. Major Finley was for some years the governor of the Moro provinces in the Philippine Islands.

Tuesday, November 19, will be a "football pop-night," and on December 8, Winston Churchill, the Progressive candidate for governor of New Hampshire, will deliver a lecture.

Among other speakers, later in the year, will be Professor Bliss Perry Rev. W. G. Thayer, head master of St. Mark's School; and probably William Mark's School; and probably William Cameron Forbes '98, Governor General of the Philippine Islands.

The lectures will be open to members of the Union only and membership tickets must be presented at the door.