Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

SECOND DEFEATED, 4 TO 2

Sharp Practice Held at Arena Yesterday. -- University Team Showed Clearly Its Superiority.

The University hockey team defeated the second 4 to 2 in a hard 30-minute scrimmage at the Arena yesterday. The first team forced the playing during, the entire period with the exception of the last two or three minutes, and kept the shots raining continually at the second team's net. The forwards followed back well and look the such away from the second's forward-line repeatedly. During the last couple of minutes of the scrimmage the University team slackened up and the second team by some good passing and shooting scored two goals in rapid succession.

The first score of the scrimmage was made shortly after the opening of the period by Hopkins, who received a pass from Sortwell from behind the goal. Phillips followed with another score, getting the puck out of a scrimmage by clever stickwork. Claflin made the third goal on a long, hard shot from the middle of the pink. The University team's final tally was the result of a fast dash up the ice, in which good passing figured prominently; Sortwell scoring the goal.

The line-ups were as follows: FIRST TEAM.  SECOND TEAM. Morgan, Clark,r.e.  l.e., Hanson Phillips, r.c.  l.c., Gonham Sortwell, l.c.  r.c.,Palmer Hopkins, l.e.  r.e., Smart Claflin, c.p.  c.p., Graustein, Wendell Willetts, p.  p., Brown Gardner, g.  g., Carnochan

Goals-Hopkins, Phillips, Claflin, Sortwell, Smart, Gorham.