TORONTO GAME IN ARENA

STRONG CANADIAN SEVEN TO MEET GREATLY IMPROVED UNIVERSITY TEAM.

The University hockey team will play Toronto in the third game of its schedule at the Arena this evening at 8.15 o'clock. Tickets may be obtained at Leavitt & Peirce's or at the box office of the Arena at $1.50, $1, and 75 cents. Season tickets, good for four games, may also be purchased at Leavitt & Peirce's at $2 each.

Toronto has already played in Boston this season. Although losing to the B. A. A. team 6 to 2, it made the best showing of any of the Canadian sevens against the B. A. A. and outplayed them in the first half, the score standing 2 to 1 against the Boston men at the end of the period.

The University team has been showing a steady improvement since the Ottawa game and is undoubtedly a much stronger combination than it was ten days ago.

The line-ups will be as follows: HARVARD.  TORONTO. Clark, r.e.  l.e., Aird Phillips, r. c.  l.c., Jupp Sortwell, l.c.  r.c., Webster Hopkins, l.e.  r.e., Strome Claflin, c.p.  c.p., Frith Willetts, p.  q., German Gardner, g.  g., Parker

Team Played Well Against B. A. A.

In a lively 15-minute scrimmage with the B. A. A. team yesterday, the University team was defeated 3 to 0. Not-withstanding the score, the team played an excellent game and was equally as aggressive as its opponents, the forward-line getting through the strong B. A. A. defence a number of times. On one occasion Phillips drove in a hard shot which, however, struck inside the goal-post and bounced out. The score should have counted but did not, the referee apparently having missed the play. Canterbury made a number of difficult stops, blocking many hard shots by the University forwards.

Team Played Well Against B. A. A.