Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

UNDERGRADUATE ECONOMICS SOCIETY.

Judging from the large number of men who specialize in the department of Political Economy, it is safe to predict that the formation of an Undergraduate Economics Society will meet the approval and support of a great many undergraduates. It is one of the pleasing signs of the times that the movement for the formation of this society has come from the undergraduates themselves and represents their interest in matters intellectual. It is a sign, too, that the student does not stand aloof, a privileged and disinterested member of society, but shows he is vitally interested in the problems and difficulties of the world.

One of the advantages to be derived from such an organization is the opportunity offered for members to come into close and personal contact with the professors of the University and distinguished men who are actively engaged in the solution of social and economic problems. Then, too, the free and informal discussion bound to prevail serves better than anything else to clarify thoughts stimulated in the classroom, and the chance to discuss these views with one's fellows and teachers surely is invaluable.