HOME FOR TERRITORIAL CLUBS.

Of great interest is the announcement that the Governing Board of the Union has set aside and will equip the Assembly Room for the permanent use of the Federated Territorial Clubs. This provision for a comfortable home for these clubs and for a common centre where they may meet and collaborate should help much to further the valuable work which the Territorial Clubs are designed to accomplish. Furthermore, the permanent location of the Federated Territorial Clubs in the Union is another step towards making that building the great centre of University activities. Already six of the Territorial Clubs have decided to make the Assembly Room their permanent headquarters, and we believe that when the other clubs learn of the plan they will quickly appreciate and seek its advantages. In their new home, the Territorial Clubs may offer more than an occasional "Smoker," bromidic speeches, and hard-bottomed Winsor chairs. The success of the plan should result in the formation of new Territorial Clubs and the extension of their influence under the system which has been developed during the past year. We are but beginning to apprehend the potential usefulness of the Territorial Clubs, and this adoption of a home for them in the Union is a further step toward the realization of their possibilities.