YALE MAKES GOOD SHOWING

Holds Princeton to 7 to 5 Score in Overtime Game.

The Yale hockey team gave Princeton a considerable surprise in New York, Saturday evening, by holding them to a 7 to 5 score in an extra period contest. The game was one of the fastest and most interesting of the year. Yale, bending its efforts to covering Baker succeeded fairly well, though he was still the star of the game and was as usual instrumental in most of the scores.

In the second period the blue easily outplayed Princeton, coming into the last few minutes of play with a 5 to 4 lead. They were unable to hold Baker, however, and with only a few seconds left to play, he carried the puck down the ice and passed to Kilner for the tying score. In the five-minute extra period Princeton came back strongly, Baker and Patterson each scoring a goal.

The summary: PRINCETON.  YALE. Kilner, r.f.  l.f., Chauncey Patterson, r.c.  l.c., Heron Kuhn, l.c.  r.c., Cox H. Baker, l.f.  r.f., Harmon Emmons, c.p.  c.p., Martin Lee, p.  p., Gore Winans, g.  g., Tilney

Score--Princeton, 7; Yale, 5. Goals--Kilner 2, Kuhn 2, Patterson 2, Baker, Cox 2, Chauncey, Harmon Heron. Referee--W. Russell. Assistant referee--Ernest Garon. Goal umpires--Mr. Peacock and E. Cowles. Timer--W. Croker.