Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

MR. GARCELON RESIGNS

Graduate Treasurer Gives Up Position.--Resignation to Take Effect Not Later Than August 1.

Mr. William Frye Garcelon, Graduate Trasurer of the Athletic Association and Secretary of the Committee on the Regulation of Athletic Sports, last night sent notice of his resignation (from both positions) to Dean Briggs, Chairman of the Committee. The letter, giving his reasons for this step, is quoted below.

Mr. Garcelon was appointed Graduate Treasurer in February, 1908 and since then has had charge of the financial side of athletics in the University. He is a graduate of the Law School, of the Class of 1895, having prepared at Bates College. While in the Law School he won the University "H" in track.

Mr. Garcelon's Letter.

Dear Mr. Briggs:

As I have said to you several times during the last year, I feel that the demands of my business are so pressing that I should soon retire from my position as Graduate Treasurer and Secretary of the Committee on the Regulation of Athletic Sports. Therefore, I suggest that I be relieved as soon as the Committee can conveniently make arrangements and at least as early as August 1st, which is the end of the fiscal year.

I have found the work of a most interesting character and shall regret leaving it. My successor can, of course, command my assistance and services and I shall be glad to aid and co-operate at any time in the future in the promotion of Harvard's success in athletics and her progress in providing for her students an opportunity for physical education. Very truly,   WILLIAM F. GARCELON.