HOCKEY GAME WITH OTTAWA

UNIVERSITY TEAM TO MEET STRONG CANADIAN SEVEN AT ARENA TONIGHT.

The University hockey team will meet. Ottawa University in the second scheduled game in the Arena this evening at 8.15 o'clock. The Ottawa players are comparatively unknown to this part of the country, though the team is every year a strong contender for championship honors in Canadian intercollegiate hockey. An idea of the strength of the Ottawa team, however, may be obtained from the fact that it defeated McGill 4 to 3 in New York on Saturday, Playing the best hockey seen there this season. The Ottawa men are very speedy skaters and maintain a fast pace throughout the game. Nagle at right centre, probably the best man on the forward line, carries the puck brilliantly and his dashes down the ice are the feature of a well-trained attack.

University Team Developing Slowly.

The University team has apparently not yet struck its stride and in the daily practices since the recess has shown little improvement. The forwards are not playing with the snap and dash which characterized their work before Christmas when the team repeatedly defeated the B. A. A. in practice scrimmages. The principal weakness seems to lie in the crude team-play. The men carry the puck down the ice well individually but lose it at the critical moment near the goal on slow and poor passing. The second team defence, however, has been playing an exceptionally strong game of late and this accounts in some measure for the apparently weak showing of the attack. The first team defence appears more advanced than the forward line and is playing a steady though not brilliant game.

Saturday's Practice Light.

Saturday's practice was light, consisting in a half hour's drill for the forwards in going down the ice against the defence and followed by a 10-minute scrimmage between the first and second teams. The second team was again the winner, 1 to 0, the only goal being scored from scrimmage. Though defeated, the first team was much more aggressive than the day before and kept the playing fast throughout.

Line-ups of the Teams.

The line-ups tonight will be as follows: HARVARD.  OTTAWA. Morgan, r.e.  l.e., Dore Phillips, r.c.  l.c., Brouse Sortwell, l.c.  r.c., Nagle Hopkins, l.e.  r.e., Desjardins Claflin, c.p.  c.p., Goodwin Willetts, p.  p., O'Leary Gardner, g.  g., Derocher