TRACK CANDIDATES' MEETING

WORK FOR WINTER SEASON TO BE OUTLINED.--MANY MEETS SCHEDULED.

The University track squad will hold a meeting in the Assembly Room of the Union this evening at 7.30 o'clock, its purpose being to discuss plans for the indoor season. Those on the squad should not fail to attend, and all others eligible for the squad, whether they have hitherto been doing regular work or not, are invited to be present.

Plans for Winter Work.

While the outline of the winter's work is not yet fully complete, the University will make entries in various meets near Boston. In the past, men from the squad have competed in meets under the auspices of the Boston Athletic Association, the Massachusetts Coast Artillery, the Armory Athletic Association, and in the Winter Carnival, the Columbian Indoor Relay Carnival, and others, Continuous work during the winter is essential for a good showing in the spring. Though it need not be so strenuous as in the regular training season, it should at least be regular. Thus, for the sake of the future prospects of the team, it is hoped that a large number of men will show their interest in the winter season by attending the meeting tonight.

Speeches will be made and outlines of the work given by the following: J. W. Hallowell '01, E. K. Merrihew '10, and Captain J. B. Cummings '13.