$150 IN PRIZES FOR WRITERS

Harvard, Yale, and Princeton Represented in Literary Competition.

The Tri-Collegiate Literary Competition, organized last year by the Advocate, the Yale Courant, the Yale Literary Magazine, and the Nassau Literary Magazine, of Princeton, will commence on November 1. The purpose of the competition is to stir up literary activity among undergraduates in the three colleges by creating rivalry. Three prizes of $50 each will be presented for the best short story, poem, and one act play submitted, and any man in College may compete for one or all three of these rewards.

The manuscripts must be typewritten, signed with an assumed name, and handed in at the Advocate Sanctum in the Union on or before February 1. Each must also be accompanied by a sealed envelope containing the true name of the writer.

The judges will consist of a member of the faculty of each of the three colleges, and one disinterested person. The winning contributions will be published as nearly simultaneously as possible in the four represented magazines.

As this competition has attracted attention throughout the country, it is sincerely hoped that all men in College of literary ability will enter, to insure a good showing by Harvard.