Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

CO-OPERATIVE IS PROSPEROUS

EARLY FIGURES INDICATE INCREASE OF BUSINESS.--ADDITION PLANNED.

The annual report of the Co-operative Society has not yet been laid before the Directors, but the preliminary figures show that there has been a considerable increase in the amount of business, in profits and in membership, as compared with the year preceding. The total amount of sales in all departments of the store for the twelve months ending June 30 last, amounted to $418,774.19. The net profits will amount to about $24,000, so that it will be possible for the Directors to declare the usual nine percent dividend and still to have a surplus amounting to a few thousand dollars. The membership for the year amounted to 3,037 as against 2,844 members in the preceding year. Dividends will be paid as usual in Novembers.

Some months ago the Co-operative Society purchased a tract of land near its present building, and it is expected that a large addition to the store will be begun before long. The Directors also have planned for the erection of a new front on the Co-operative store, and this new front will probably conform in general design to the Brattle Building, which has recently been erected along side.