FOUR SCORES IN 15 MINUTES

FOOTBALL TEAM SHOWED IMPROVEMENT IN SHORT SCRIMMAGE.

Scrimmaging for only 15 minutes, the University football team underwent an easy drill yesterday afternoon as compared to the heavy work of the earlier part of the week. In the short time of play, Team A, with a strong line-up, scored four times against the seconds. Touchdowns by Brickley and Hardwick, and two drop-kicks by Brickley from the 25-yard line were the four plays by which Team A scored. While making no attempt at the forward pass, the University gained its ground by open and end plays.

One Score by Substitutes.

Team B, also playing against the seconds for a quarter of an hour, crossed the goal line but once. This score resulted from a plunge through right tackle by Bradlee, who had taken Rollins's place at fullback during the last few minutes.

On the whole, the University eleven worked more effectively than in any previous practice of the week. This strength, however, was shown wholly in plays directed outside of tackle. On the closed formations, the power of the team is unknown. The coaches have spent but little time on this kind of offensive tactics, since the first string line has not worked entirely together for any length of time.

Freedly Not Badly Injured

Bradlee started at quarter for the University, retiring later to be replaced by Logan. Freedley, who was disabled Wednesday by a blow on the head, left the hospital yesterday, apparently safe from any severe effects, although he will scarcely be able to play before the first scrimmage, and Trumbull was in for only a few minutes, after which Soucy was substituted. Otherwise the University played in its regular order. The line-up: UNIVERSITY  SUBSTITUTES O'Brien, l.e.  r.e., Whitney Storer, l.t.  r.t., Elken Mills, l.g.  r.g., Underwood Trumbull, Soucy, c.  c., Atkinson Weston, r.g.  l.g., Withington Hitchcock, r.t.  l.t., Gilman Coolidge, r.e.  l.e., L. Curtis Bradlee, Logan, q.b.  q.b., Watson Mahan, l.h.b.  r.h.b., McKinlock Hardwick, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Bettle Brickley, f.b.  f.b., Rollins, Bradlee