RESULTS OF CLASS ELECTIONS

JUNIOR AND SOPHOMORE OFFICERS AND MEMBERS OF COUNCIL CHOSEN.

In the Junior class elections held yesterday Franklin Hunt Trumbull of Salem was elected president with a total of 134 votes as against 68 cast for S. B. Pennock. The vote for vice-president resulted in the election of Russell Romeyn Ayres of Montclair, N. J., defeating H. A. Murray, Jr., 119 to 81, while Malcolm Justin Logan, of South Boston, was elected secretary-treasurer by a vote of 114 to 86 over J. S. Fleek.

The following men were elected to the Student Council from 1915: John Cleveland Talbot, of Milton, 170; Charles Edward Brickley, of Everett, 164; Hugo Francke, of Cambridge, 161; Stanley Bagg Pennock, of Syracuse, N. Y., 158; Henry Alexander Murray, Jr., of New York, N. Y., 129; Huntington Reed Hardwick, of Quincy, 128; Malcolm Justin Logan, of South Boston, 122.

Farrington Sophomore President.

In the Sophomore elections, Clifford Frederick Farrington, of Cambridge, was elected president; Ernest William Soucy, of Forest Hills, vice-president, by a vote of 157 as against 102 for E. C. G. Ervin; and Samuel Morse Felton, Jr., of Chicago, Ill., secretary-treasurer. The list of those elected to the Student Council is as follows: William John Bingham, of Lawrence, 237; Wingate Rollins, of W. Roxbury, 200; Richard Norris Williams Jr., of Cambridge, 180; Edward William Mahan, of Natick, 177; Wells Blanchard, of Concord, 173.

The following tables will show the way the votes ran in the election of president and secretary-treasurer.

For president:   Farrington  Mahan  Morgan  Williams 1.  79  65  56  55 2.  58  66  69  62 3.  57  70  60  64 4.  61  55  68  73   610  627  646  663 For secretary-treasurer:   Felton  Watson  Whistler 1.  117  95  32 2.  88  108  52 3.  45  44  165   428  443  631

Section 7 of Article III of the Constitution for the three lower classes, explains the method of preferential voting.

"The system of preferential voting described below shall be used in all class elections. Each elector shall indicate his order of preference for all the candidates for each office. A first choice shall count one, a second two, and so on. The candidate receiving the lowest numerical total shall be declared elected. Any ballot on which all the candidates for any office have not been voted upon shall be declared invalid for that office."

Balloting Extremely Light.

There were fewer votes cast in both Junior and Sophomore elections than there have been for some years past. Only 202 men voted from 1915, and 255 from 1916,--not half of either class.

Senior Members of Student Council.

The election of members of the Student Council from the Senior class will be held tonight in Thayer Common Room between the hours of 5 and 9. The list of nominees, nine of whom are to be elected, is as follows: G. Bettle, of New York, N. Y.; R. L. Blaikie, of Medford; R. St.B. Boyd, of Dedham; S. P. Clarke, of Chestnut Hill, Pa.; H. G. Francke, of Cambridge; W. T. Gardiner, of Gardiner, Me.; J. H. MacLure, Jr., of Cambridge; L. H. Mills, of Portland, Ore.; G. F. Plimpton, of Buffalo, N. Y.; L. Salton-stall, of Chestnut Hill.; O. G. Saxon, of Garden City, L. I., N. Y.; C. G. Squibb, of Brooklyn, N. Y.; R. L. West, of Millis.

The following men have been appointed watchers at the polls for the Senior class election, and must report at Thayer Common Room promptly at the hours assigned unless it is absolutely impossible, in which case a substitute must be sent: 5-6, J. A. Henderson and J. D. Winslow; 6-7, N. Curtis, Jr., and J. R. Hunneman; 7-8, O. G. Saxon and F. H. Storms; 8-9, R. St.B. Boyd and H. R. Hitchcock, Jr

Balloting Extremely Light.

Senior Members of Student Council.