THE OPERA ASSOCIATION

The announcement which appears this morning from the Opera Association has been looked for with general interest and shows that the interest has not been misplaced. The CRIMSON wishes to congratulate last year's management on the surprisingly large number of seats which it was able to supply at rates so low as to be acceptable to almost any man in College.

But the advertised increase of fifty cents in the membership fee, while not large, will attract much attention and comment, inasmuch as it seems to depart from the first purpose of the organization to make seats available for men who cannot ordinarily afford them. When this argument was advanced to the officers of the association, however, they assured us that in return for the raise a large additional service will be rendered. If this actually proves to be the case, then the change will be justified. The officers should understand the situation better than anyone else, and so their decision should not be passed on until it has been given a fair trial.

It now rests with the members of the University to show their appreciation of what graduates and friends have done for them; and they can best do this by making eager use of the tickets which are placed at their disposal.