BY BOAT TO PRINCETON.

After last year football season, it may seem incongruous to have any defeat ranking in our minds But no man who was in College two years ago can ever forget the Princeton victory of that year. It cost us something then and has cost us more since. At that time one of the cries that was heard the loudest be moaned the absence of any sort of support for the team from what were supposed to be the Harvard stands. To avoid a repetition of such a failure this fall, men interested in the matter have secured a reduction of 45 per cent, in the cost of transportation, provided conditions, stated in another column, are fulfilled. The CRIMSON is certain that at least 300 men in the University will go to the Princeton game on November 8, for it is the only game in the schedule away from Cambridge and ranks a close second to the Yale game in College estimation. But it is not so certain that they will, without urging, go to the game by the special means that have been arranged. If the men who do not care about the reduction in the price of transportation would go to the slight inconvenience of making themselves part of the 300 needed to fulfill the contract, they would perhaps make it possible for many who do care for the reduction to secure it. The Athletic Association has generously offered to co-operative with the men who are managing the scheme by arranging to seat the Harvard men at the game in a cheering section. It stands ready to act as the enthusiasm of the College directs.