A MATTER OF POLICY.

The University as a whole approves of the trip to the Princeton football game; this is evidenced not only by the enthusiasm of the undergraduates, but by the willingness of most of our instructors to postpone hour examinations that would naturally fall on November eighth. But in one course that has come to light, the discouraging news has been published that the November hour examination will be held on the very day of the Princeton game. The course is attended by about seventy-five loyal undergraduates. Add to this that, when the announcement was made, it was stated that the instructors could hold the examination on the following Tuesday without inconvenience, but thought that the Princeton trip was not a thing to be encouraged, and you have the elements of something besides concord between students and teacher. It is readily admitted that our instructors have unquestioned right to set their examinations when they please. But the above attitude seems to be a decidedly mistaken one, as the instructors in question should know if they ever experienced the enthusiasm surrounding a big football game. Unless it is positively impossible for this and other hour examinations that fall on November eighth to be set ahead or postponed a few days, there is little else to warrant the undeserved E's that will follow. And if this is not the prevalent opinion in the College, it is now a rather late date to make the fact known.