Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

THE PRINCETON GAME.

The victory over Princeton Saturday was one of the hardest earned in the history of Harvard football, and those of us who watched it known that Harvard was fortunate in winning at all. The Princeton team is one of the very strongest of the year--powerful, aggressive, and versatile--and discontented undergraduate who watched a scoreboard or read a newspaper account know not whereof they speak when they complain of the low score. The Harvard players deserve congratulations for mastering such remarkable opponents. The meagerness of the victory only demonstrates what the keenest critics have said from the beginning; namely, that the team's pathway to the championship has not an advance lining of roses, and that the overwhelming undergraduate assurance, testified to in one way by the enormous odds granted to Princeton supporters, was not justified.

But there is no reason for feeling discouraged; the backs and ends played brilliantly, individually and collectively; the recurrent lack of power in the line, where ever it lay, was very possibly the consequence of not having previously met really worthy opponents. In any case there is no reason to doubt that this tendency to weakness can and will be remedied before the Yale game.