Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Obituary

Next to Oldest Graduate Dead.

Rev. Edward Augustus Renouf '38, D.D., rector-emeritus of St. James's Episcopal Church, died at Keene, N.H., yesterday in his ninety-fifth year. Dr. Renouf was the oldest clergyman in the New Hampshire diocese, and was, with the exception of Dr. James L. Wellington '38, of Swansea, the oldest Harvard graduate, the latter being Dr. Renouf's senior in years.

Dr. Renouf was born in Boston on November 15, 1818. He received his early education in the public and private schools of Boston and entered Harvard College in the fall of 1874. In 1841 he received the degree of A.M. From 1839 to 1842 he studied at Andover Theological Seminary. In 1850 he received the degree of A.M. from Hobart College, and in 1889 the honorary degree of S.T.D. from Washington and Lee University.

He served as deacon and priest in the Protestant Episcopal Church of Boston. He was rector of the Trinity Church. Lowville, N.Y., of the St. James's Church, Keene, N.H., and of St. Paul's Church, Drewsville, N.H., respectively, and was later, made rector-emeritus of the two latter churches.