Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

CLASS DEBATING TEAMS CHOSEN

Not Much Enthusiasm Shown Except by Freshman Contingent.

The competition for places on the debating teams has been much keener in the two lower classes, especially the Freshman, than in the two upper classes. The preliminary trials for the Sophomore team were held night before last, and the following six men were retained: J.W. Cooke, H. Epstein, M. Friedmann, H. Goodman, P.L. Sayre and C.A. Trafford, Jr. These men will be divided into two teams, which will debate against each other in the finals next week.

The Senior team will be composed of G.P. Davis, J.L. Lowden and P.W. Thayer.

The Junior team will be composed of L.C. Henin, C.K. Horwitz, and B. Winkelman; B. Woronoff, alternate.

Only 24 of the 31 candidates for the Freshman debating team were able to speak last night, owing to the unusual length of time occupied in these trials. Eight men were retained for further competition: E.C. Davidson, A.R. Ginsberg, D.A. Kriesfield, Q.S. Levin, L.S. Levy, A.G. Paine, H.H. Schier and J.H. Spitz. These and the seven who did not speak will be expected to deliver 10-minute speeches on the same subject in Sever 11 Monday evening at 7.15 o'clock, when the three members of the team and an alternate will be definitely chosen.