Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

ENGINEERING JOURNAL

Dr. Bunker Places November Issue in High Rank Among Technical Journals of Country.

The November number of the Harvard Engineering Journal is fully up to the high standard of excellence which has characterized this periodical in the past. Three leading articles treat subjects of widely varying character in such a manner as to be interesting to all. An account of the inspection trip made by the advanced students in Sanitary Engineering is particularly meritorious in that Mr. Rice not only presents an interesting picture of the plants visited, but in addition furnishes data on equipment, costs, and efficiency which can be obtained from no other source. Mr. Mandigo shows careful analysis of certain problems pertaining to street paving, and presents his observations in such form as to be of value to all interested in this line of engineering. Entirely unique, and pleasingly rigorous is the discussion by Professor Woodward of some of the common but less obvious stumbling blocks inherent in present day methods of teaching mechanics. The editorials, interesting in subject matter, and written in pleasing style, round out the number, and give to it a finish unsurpassed by our best technical journals. DR. J. W. M. BUNKER.