FINAL CONTEST FOR FRESHMEN

TEAM WILL PLAY YALE 1917 AT 2 O'CLOCK ON SECOND TEAM'S GRIDIRON.

The Harvard Freshman football team will meet the Yale freshmen on the second University team's field this after- noon at 2 o'clock. An admission fee of $1 will be charged. The game should be a hard and an interesting one, as has been the nature of former Harvard-Yale Freshman games.

The Freshman team this year has developed slowly, but has in the last two weeks shown considerable improvement, and in the game with Cornell 1917 last Saturday proved itself a really strong eleven. Early in the season the team was individually good, but the first games being easy, the men were unprepared and unable to stand up against such strong teams as Exeter and Hill when they met them. Saturday's game, however, showed that the Freshmen has overcome this lack of team play and were ready to meet the Yale freshmen.

The Yale 1917 team, on the other hand, having won all its games save the one with Exeter seemed very strong until last Saturday's game against Princeton 1917, when it was swept off its feet by a score of 30 to 0. The Princeton team when stopped in the line sent forward passes, which completely fooled the Yale defence, while La Gore and Taylor, Yale's two best ground gainers, were unable to penetrate the Princeton line.

Of the comparative strength of the two teams little can be said owing to the fact that both teams are new and consequently changing. At the time the teams played Exeter, however, the Yale freshmen seemed to have more fight, for all that Exeter could do was to score two field goals, while against the Harvard Freshmen Exeter scored three touchdowns and a goal. Both teams defeated Andover, Harvard 9 to 0, and Yale 20 to 10.

In all, the Harvard 1917 team has won two games, from Groten and Cornell, lost two, to Exeter and Hill, and tied one with Dean. Yale 1917 has won four games from Worcester, Hotchkiss, Penn. State 1917, and Andover, and have lost two games to Exeter and Princeton 1917.

Practice yesterday afternoon was enlivened by the arrival of the Freshman parade. The class marched around the field and cheered each member of the squad, while the players ran through final signal practice. There was no scrimmage.

The Yale 1917 team arrived in Boston at 8.45 o'clock last night and will stay at the Lenox Hotel.

The line-ups:

HARVARD 1917  YALE 1917.Harte, l.e.  r.e., ChurchSweetser, l.t.  r.t., SheldonBerman, l.g.  r.g., SmithMorgan, c.  c., LeisenringDuncan, r.g.  l.g., SayreCaner, r.t.  l.t., PainterClark, r.e.  l.e., WhittleseyBoles, q.b.  q.b., BentleyHarris, l.h.b.  r.h.b., WaiteWillcox, r.h.b.  l.h.b., MetcalfDouglas. f.b.  f.b., LaGor