YALE AND PRINCETON IN TIE GAME

Blue Team Outplayed Tiger Eleven But Lacked Scoring Ability.

Though entering the game a pronounced favorite, Princeton was lucky to emerge from the Yale contest on Saturday with a 3 to 3 tie. The Tiger eleven was plainly outplayed, having the ball within striking distance of the Yale goal only twice, and being saves from defeat by a beautiful 43-yard drop from the toe of Captain Baker. Yale, on the other hand, was constantly a menace, and managed to keep the ball in Princeton's territory most of the time. In addition to his successful drop from the 30-yard time, Guernsey missed three others, none of them difficult. On one occasion, Yale made it first down on the 6-yard line, but in three plays could not gain substantially, and on the fourth, a short forward pass over the line, blundered clumsily,--all of which points to the fact that the Blue eleven lacked the scoring punch the crises.

Yale Attack Powerful.

Yet the Yale coaches are well satisfied with Saturday's exhibition. Two tie scores and one defeat, all by teams of minor importance, have made it seem that the New Haven team is far below its usual standard. But in the last two weeks, it has been coming back with a rapidity which should satisfy the most pessimistic, and has shown such great improvement in all departments that the outcome of next Saturday's battle is placed gravely in doubt.

Yale's attack, except when under the shadow of the goal posts was so varied and powerful that the Tigers were at a loss how to meet it. Wilson, an extra ordinarily heavy man for the quarter back position, fully lived up to the reputation he has recently been building for himself, frequently getting away for long gains after receiving punts, and running the team with snap and vigor. Yale also showed a reversal of form in its fierce and sure talking, very different from the hesitating variety much in evidence hitherto.